Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing from QBO to ProConnect

I've had several issues importing from QBO to ProConnect this season. The 2020 season seemed much smoother and I am not sure what changed.

One major issue this year: I chose to disengage from a client. I had Accountant access to QBO which they removed - no problem. I have confirmed via the ProConnect Help Desk that because I had imported from QBO to ProConnect, I created a link between the data. Their removal of Accountant access to QBO removed my entire return, as well as the 2021 extension that I'd prepared.

I understand that QBO is the client's work product. The tax return, however, is mine. It's unacceptable to me that my tax work product has completely disappeared. I had copies. That is not the point. The point is that I pay for ProConnect, I prepared the return, and I should be able to access my own work product that I paid for. It should not be lost to a client.

I am writing in fervent hope that the software engineers will remedy this issue. For now, I will not ever consider importing from QBO again - which is a downgrade in my view of the functionality of the product.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.