Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have more than 10 clients that are choosing to paper file. Will I be able to paper file their federal and CA returns without being penalized by the mandate?

arroyoagustin
Level 1

Can you paper file more than 10 federal and CA returns if they client is choosing to paper file? I know you have to have them sign the opt-out forms but I dont want the returns to be rejected or me get penalized

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If they want paper filing, they get paper filing.  Just file the opt out form and you are fine.  In all of the years I have been e-filing, I only had one client ever request paper filing.  What's the scoop that you have that many? ----------------- just curious

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

If they want paper filing, they get paper filing.  Just file the opt out form and you are fine.  In all of the years I have been e-filing, I only had one client ever request paper filing.  What's the scoop that you have that many? ----------------- just curious

Slava Ukraini!
arroyoagustin
Level 1
skeptical of internet i suppose?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Interesting - thanks!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
I have also only had one.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
My paper filer died a few years ago so I am down to none.  He was slightly on the cheap side so I thought that once I told him MN charged $5 a return at that time to paper file, it would be enough to talk him out of it.  He paid the 5 bucks for a couple of years and then converted.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
14peewee
Level 1

WHERE TO OPT OUT OF EFILING.

CLIENT WANTS PAPER RETURN

0 Cheers