Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have more than 10 clients that are choosing to paper file. Will I be able to paper file their federal and CA returns without being penalized by the mandate?

arroyoagustin
Level 1

Can you paper file more than 10 federal and CA returns if they client is choosing to paper file? I know you have to have them sign the opt-out forms but I dont want the returns to be rejected or me get penalized

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If they want paper filing, they get paper filing.  Just file the opt out form and you are fine.  In all of the years I have been e-filing, I only had one client ever request paper filing.  What's the scoop that you have that many? ----------------- just curious

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

If they want paper filing, they get paper filing.  Just file the opt out form and you are fine.  In all of the years I have been e-filing, I only had one client ever request paper filing.  What's the scoop that you have that many? ----------------- just curious

Slava Ukraini!
arroyoagustin
Level 1
skeptical of internet i suppose?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Interesting - thanks!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
I have also only had one.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
My paper filer died a few years ago so I am down to none.  He was slightly on the cheap side so I thought that once I told him MN charged $5 a return at that time to paper file, it would be enough to talk him out of it.  He paid the 5 bucks for a couple of years and then converted.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
14peewee
Level 1

WHERE TO OPT OUT OF EFILING.

CLIENT WANTS PAPER RETURN

0 Cheers