Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I continue to have a return rejected by the agency for not having an explanation page for form 2210 eventhough I do have one. This is for the 85% waiver related to TCJA.

raym2612
Level 2

Using Proconnect Online.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Looks like there is an update coming out tomorrow for PTO and Lacerte that should resolve this issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Looks like there is an update coming out tomorrow for PTO and Lacerte that should resolve this issue. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If no penalty is due, Ive just been using Override and unchecking that Box A...can you do an override in Proconnect Online?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
raym2612
Level 2
A penalty would be due without the 85% waiver so I do have to file the form unfortunately. The IRS instructions even say only the 1 page is required. I'm thinking there might be an issue on their side.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It is an issue...not sure on an ETA for a fix though.   Have you tried adding a statement for Line B?  I've seen some people say that they've gotten accepted using that additional statement box on Line B.

0 Cheers
raym2612
Level 2
Thanks for your quick reply. I have not tried that as of yet. Might give it a shot later today.
0 Cheers
tap16
Level 1
I added a statement to line B on the 2210.  The software won't even allow it to be printed.  I resubmitted the return only to have it rejected again
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
@Intuit Austin  I saw you here earlier this morning, what is the recommend fix for this situation?

0 Cheers
raym2612
Level 2
The return was accepted this morning. Appears the update has been completed.
0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni
Excellent!

0 Cheers