Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a new user to Pro Connect who converted from Pro Series. On the 4562 Direct input page the Details button does not open a schedule? How do I input salvage value ?

gjsasso
Level 1
When computing state depreciation, salvage value is not reducing the Cost basis used in federal Direct input. I cannot understand why there is a difference in federal and state depreciation when both should be the same. Is there a way to change the salvage value for state input?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

In Lacerte and PTO, it's best to select the correct state for sourcing (from the dropdown next to the entry box for amount) to ensure these numbers will flow correctly to the respective state(s).  Unless the state doesn't conform to the IRC, there's no need to make any input under ST. IF DIFF. (-1=NONE).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar