Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Ohio return to efile? I keep getting a rejection saying For e- filing, verify each Ohio W2 contains Employer FEIN - Employer State ID number - State wages

kelly6
Level 2
I have a client with a multi-state return.  They only have 1 x W2 with Ohio withholding - and from what I can see, I have entered the Employer FEIN, Employer State ID, and State Wages.

I have called ProConnect a dozen times, we make tweeks per ProConnect's suggestion, and re-file.

It still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

You need to look further down the input screen.

Under the "Electronic Filing (W-2 State/Local)", enter those missing details that the critical diagnostic prompts you to input.  This section needs to be completed for e-filing whenever there is SIT/LIT.

Seems redundant? I know.  But that's how it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

You need to look further down the input screen.

Under the "Electronic Filing (W-2 State/Local)", enter those missing details that the critical diagnostic prompts you to input.  This section needs to be completed for e-filing whenever there is SIT/LIT.

Seems redundant? I know.  But that's how it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
kelly6
Level 2

Thank you.  This worked.