Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find and choose a tax planner who uses Pro Connect or otherwise partners w Intuit?

taxamedmed
Level 1

I've done my own taxes with TT for a 20 years at least now. But now with an inherited IRA

and estate planning to think about I might be able to use more advanced CPA type help. As I'm 

already comfortable with Trubo Tax I'd prefer to work with someone who's well versed 

and comfortable with that tool set. Anyhow - I hope I've landed in the right spot and sorry

if this is supposed to be for tax advisors only. It's just that the TT Community is just for

DIY and these pro connect are for advisors. But there's not really a place that bridges

the two. Thank you.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Yes, this is for professionals. Several of us use Tax Tools https://www.taxtools.com/products_tt.aspx it has a pretty simple, but effective tax planner as one of it's many tools. It has RMD calculator and many other retirement calculators. 

Click the tabs at the site I posted the link to and see it's many offerings. You may just decide to look up a local Enrolled Agent or CPA or other Tax Professional in your area and work with them.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
qbteachmt
Level 15

You're thinking ProConnect is like Turbo Tax? ProConnect is more like Lacerte. Why does their tool matter to you?

All the tax prep products (including non-Intuit) try to abide to IRS regulations and tax code changes.Isn't that what you really need: someone to work with you, and help you stay informed, and work together on what that might mean for your situation(s)?

I'm not sure it makes sense to evaluate which landscaper you choose based on their use of the same tools you use (I love my mattock). Wouldn't it make more sense to go for their expertise and style and reputation? For instance, my sister lives in IN, yet she's been using a CPA in MT for 7 years, since she learned about that office, those people, their style, from when we were seeing our father through end of life issues. And I don't remember ever providing a reference for that office by answering which software they use. And my father was a Lacerte user. I don't care; that CPA office did a great job on filing his taxes those final few years.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
taxamedmed
Level 1

When I've dealt tax preparers before my Turbo Tax days they wanted me to fill out all their own forms. I hate having to do things twice. So if I could just enter once into TT and they had access to my data and could ingest it into their system - I'm doing things as I always have. And the advisor has a significant portion of the data required to do their thing.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I think nearly all professional tax preparation programs that do imports will import Desktop TT. I don't know about TT Online, though. It's nice of you to consider their computer system tools for your return(s). Also, Intuit has "Intuit Link" for some of what you ask. And you don't always need to be the go between. The financial institutions are providing download/import for the professional preparer, similar to DIY TT.

It really seems like you want to drive this manually. Are you sure you don't simply want to consult with someone, but keep doing your own taxes?

Have you asked some revered friends who they are using? Make appointments to interview new CPA or financial planning consultants now, of course.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
sjrcpa
Level 15

FWIW, I would not accept a client who says "I'm entering my stuff in TurboTax; you import it to your software"

I don't know/don't care if it can be done with Lacerte. I'd be importing any errors client may have made and what about omissions?

Other pros may have a different approach.

Ex-AllStar