Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good day. I registered for Proconnect, so that I can Only file my one S Corporation return. I do not have a EFIN number. As far as I know its not required?

I am from South Africa so this is fairly new for us. Thus I require help.
0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

If you're not a tax professional, I would suggest that you subscribe to a commercial tax software instead for two reasons:

1) ProConnect Tax is designed for professionals and have a whole lot more switches on the instrument panel but few far fewer prompt that would not only make your tax preparation much more complex but more prone to errors if you are not familiar with the technicalities of tax law; and

2) You can't efile with ProConnect Tax unless you are an ERO (with EFIN) whereas you can do so without being an ERO with commercial tax software.

I also assume that you are a resident alien or a US citizen.  If you are a nonresident alien, you should consult a tax professional or attorney as the S corp status may not stand.

We won't be providing any additional input since this forum is only open to tax professionals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar