Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5695

pbk51
Level 2

I have a client that resides in NYC, they purchased a home in TN, a few years ago, however,they have installed energy efficent Central Air Sysytem 2023, the Home address is not changing on the form 5695. I have entered it on Residential Energy Property Central air conditioners

Also, the price is $11,429 but the credit is $600, am i doing something incorrect? Please Help!! Thank you

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@pbk51 wrote:

the Home address is not changing on the form 5695.

Also, the price is $11,429 but the credit is $600

It should allow you to enter the address of the home where the air conditioner is located.  I don't use ProConnect so I can't guide to you exactly where to enter it.

A $600 credit is correct (assuming it meets the high-efficiency criteria, but be sure to double check that it qualifies).

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@pbk51 wrote:

the Home address is not changing on the form 5695.

Also, the price is $11,429 but the credit is $600

It should allow you to enter the address of the home where the air conditioner is located.  I don't use ProConnect so I can't guide to you exactly where to enter it.

A $600 credit is correct (assuming it meets the high-efficiency criteria, but be sure to double check that it qualifies).

pbk51
Level 2

Thank you TaxGuyBill. I appreciate your assistance. I will look into it. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Did you see ProSeries notice, here, similar issue:

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/resolved-form-5695-ho...

"Resolved: Form 5695 Home Energy Credits is not qualifying when improvements were ‘Not Made on their Main Home’"

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers