Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix Link (Intuit) Single-Sign on Issues

Jackiei99
Level 2

A few of my clients are having an issue with logging into Link. I sent them an invitation to Link and they logged in and uploaded information. Then when they tried to log in again a few days later to upload more information, they received this message: “Hello there! You’ve found Intuit Link. As a taxpayer, you’ll be able to easily gather and share your tax documents with your accountant. But first, you’ll need to ask your accountant to invite you.”  I have called ProConnect support several times and the only thing that worked temporarily was to delete that client’s invitation to Link (and the information they already uploaded gets deleted as well) and then re-invite them…Only for the same issue to happen again the next time they try to log in after that “fix”. I was told by support that it may have to do with clients already using the same email address for other Intuit products such as Turbo Tax, QuickBooks or Quicken. One of my small business clients uses QBO, another uses Quicken and another 2 have used Turbo Tax in the past. So, it would appear that the single-sign on that Inuit has instituted, really messes up anyone trying to log into Link. If that is indeed the problem then Intuit needs to fix that. Clients having issues with logging into Link does not reflect well on my business and causes frustration during tax season. Just yesterday I contacted ProConnect support again (this time by chat) about this issue, and I was told by the representative that there was “no known problem regarding this.” So I sent a link to another thread citing the same issue with a client using Mint and Link: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/received-intuit-link-f... I find it hard to believe that Intuit is not aware of this. Intuit really needs fix this problem.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1

Our company has had the same issues, and it reflects poorly on our company. Our clients get really frustrated. Please correct this issue, as we just discussed this problem in our morning meeting today.

0 Cheers