Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combine files once married?

Lorikeg
Level 2

Is there a way to combine two files that filed single last year into one now that they are married?

Without copying and pasting into one file all of the information?

if not- there should be!  

TIA!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

That question gets asked several times a year, and the answer is no.  It doesn't really take that much time to add one spouse's data to the file of the other.  Use the one with the most kids.  Consider the extra effort your gift to the newlyweds.  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
BobKamman
Level 15

That question gets asked several times a year, and the answer is no.  It doesn't really take that much time to add one spouse's data to the file of the other.  Use the one with the most kids.  Consider the extra effort your gift to the newlyweds.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

"if not- there should be!"

Just out of curiosity, how much extra would you be willing to pay for that feature?  

If any software covered every potential preparer issue and covered every potential form and covered every single dream a preparer ever wanted to see in a software, would anybody be willing to pay what that software would cost?

Slava Ukraini!
Lorikeg
Level 2

OK- thats a fair question.  I didnt think about it that way- so I will withdraw my comment

thank you for your input

BobKamman
Level 15

That's the kind of snarky comment that is best left to me.  Others should maintain their image of caring for blind pigs.  OK, I mean blind dogs, I was thinking of Fireball.  But seriously, I think all these state returns are just cluttering my new hard drive and adding too much extra cost for everyone.  Any state with less than 7 million population, it should be an add-on priced separately.