Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can PTO be used to prepare 1099-misc forms/filing? If not, a recommended program. Thx

racliftoncpa
Level 1

I need to prepare a client 1099-misc filing for independent contractors.  Can I use PTO? If I need to prepare 4 1099 forms for a single client, does that count as 1 return or 4 for PTO purchased returns.  If PTO does allow the preparation of 1099-misc, any cost effective sources.  Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If you only have a few to prepare, a third party site is probably easiest.  I've used "efilemyforms.com" and have been happy with them.  It is less than $4 per 1099 to create, e-file it with the IRS, and mail it to the recipient.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If you only have a few to prepare, a third party site is probably easiest.  I've used "efilemyforms.com" and have been happy with them.  It is less than $4 per 1099 to create, e-file it with the IRS, and mail it to the recipient.

0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
I have also used efilemyforms.com and found it to be more logical than some of the forms you buy.  I would take the time to follow their demonstration.  They are very responsive to questions.
0 Cheers
racliftoncpa
Level 1
I'm a new PTO user.  Thanks for all the help from the community. Have a profitable tax season!
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

IDK about PTO, but I don't understand why you think an income tax prep software would prepare 1099s. 1099s are information returns, not income tax returns. They are not the same.

Try irs.gov for 1099s. That's a government website.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You are asking a bit late to get the free forms from IRS in time to file by 1/31. Google is your friend https://www.google.com/search?q=1099+online+filing&oq=1099+online Do some online shopping for the number you need to do. PTO does not do 1099's

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TaxMonkey
Level 8
0 Cheers