Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my data erased from PTO after adding my company to QBO

Firmament
Level 2

I recently decided to link my company in QBO to QBOA.  After I did that I logged in a couple days later to work on tax returns for my PTO clients.  All of them are now gone, my company data is wiped, as in my customer number is missing, PTIN is now gone, all records of credits I purchased for tax returns are gone, all my customer files are gone from this year and last year.  What is going on?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Firmament
Level 2

disturbing update: I contacted support and the rep for ProConnect Tax was unable to recover the lost returns or the clients, very troubling and I thought the community should be aware that this is an issue if using ProConnect.  I asked if they could connect me to a technical team if they were unable to resolve the issue (this was after 45 minutes of them trying in silence) and they said they have no way of reaching out to anyone else at ProConnect.  It seems everyone is on their own there.  I'll see if I can get some help either here or try calling again.  Words can't describe how uncomfortable this whole situation is.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

You keep asking all over this same forum. It won't make a difference to keep asking the very same people you already asked, about 4 times. I imagine this is making you crazy.

Here's an article in a prior topic where you also asked this, but from 2020. Did you try this:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/disappearing-client-f...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

My guess is that your clients are tied to your "old" e-mail sign in.  When you got fancy, the e-mail was somehow changed and that is why you can't see them.

Maybe @IntuitBettyJo can get you some help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
qbteachmt
Level 15

"My guess is that your clients are tied to your "old" e-mail sign in."

That's a great guess. The "Intuit ID" process has gotten very cumbersome. You can transfer ownership of one ID to another, now, without needing to contact Intuit to do it for you. You can link them, too. For instance, my Log in has 4 "company names" and Customer numbers linked to my one log in. The QBOA portal would work like your umbrella access, so if you made that fresh, you can use your old log in and "invite" your other ID as "my accountant" or transfer ownership.

And it matters which portal you log into, for what you see. Instead of the QBO portal, you would now be using the QBOA portal. Or, the ProConnect portal.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.