Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership disolved 10/31/17 so the 2018 return is due Monday. How do I file with all forms in draft form?

heatherswigert
Level 1

I'm trying to file a 1065 for a partnership that dissolved in October. As I saw it, that means that the return is due 1/15/18.  How do I file it when all the forms are in draft form?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

In my opinion, the best option is to file an extension, and wait until the 2018 software is ready.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

In my opinion, the best option is to file an extension, and wait until the 2018 software is ready.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I think garman will agree with that.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
hehehe.....i agree with that! :laughing::laughing:
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

You're a year late. October 17 return due Jan. 18.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
A year late and a dollar short?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
damn it.....i just had one that that was due 01/15/19. I used 2017's but forgot to scratch and show 2018. UGH!!! I'll have to deal with a letter on 2017 now. SH-T!!! Im going to claim on 2018.....I'll just have to explain myself.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@garman22 don't feel too bad. I think we have all had problems figuring what year we are in. Humble pie has a very distinct taste.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@George4Tacks it most certainly does my friend. I emailed client and told her to reach out to me if and when IRS sends letter for 2017. Its just a little extra work on my end but its a teachable moment for me. I wont make that mistake again and next time I will advise extension.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Use 2017 forms and manually cross off 2017 and write 2018 on the forms or extend and wait for the forms to be final.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
"...return is due Monday"

Isn't the 15th on Tuesday ?  Not Monday?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers