Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership disolved 10/31/17 so the 2018 return is due Monday. How do I file with all forms in draft form?

heatherswigert
Level 1

I'm trying to file a 1065 for a partnership that dissolved in October. As I saw it, that means that the return is due 1/15/18.  How do I file it when all the forms are in draft form?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

In my opinion, the best option is to file an extension, and wait until the 2018 software is ready.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

In my opinion, the best option is to file an extension, and wait until the 2018 software is ready.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I think garman will agree with that.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
hehehe.....i agree with that! :laughing::laughing:
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

You're a year late. October 17 return due Jan. 18.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
A year late and a dollar short?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
damn it.....i just had one that that was due 01/15/19. I used 2017's but forgot to scratch and show 2018. UGH!!! I'll have to deal with a letter on 2017 now. SH-T!!! Im going to claim on 2018.....I'll just have to explain myself.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@garman22 don't feel too bad. I think we have all had problems figuring what year we are in. Humble pie has a very distinct taste.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@George4Tacks it most certainly does my friend. I emailed client and told her to reach out to me if and when IRS sends letter for 2017. Its just a little extra work on my end but its a teachable moment for me. I wont make that mistake again and next time I will advise extension.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Use 2017 forms and manually cross off 2017 and write 2018 on the forms or extend and wait for the forms to be final.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
"...return is due Monday"

Isn't the 15th on Tuesday ?  Not Monday?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers