Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 -- NEC Submission Error

sawas25
Level 3

Good Afternoon,

Hope you are well. I noticed this AM I accidentally filed a 1099-NEC twice, same recipient , same SSN, same amount, just the first name was Tim and the other Timothy.  Which the best course of action to correct this? Thanks for your help and recommendations. 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
12 Replies 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

File a corrected 1099 showing zero for one of the two names used.

Armpit sniffer. Yup, checked out the help wanted ads and found the job. With my nose, how can I go wrong?
sawas25
Level 3

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Armpit sniffer. Yup, checked out the help wanted ads and found the job. With my nose, how can I go wrong?
0 Cheers
puravidapto
Level 5

Does the ProConnect  Tax have the capability to file 1099-NEC, or did you file 1099-NEC outside ProConnect  Tax? Thanks.

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Inuit offers an add on - Quick Employer Forms" - to prepare 1099s.

puravidapto
Level 5

How do I  access "add on - Quick Employer Forms"? Thanks!

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Accessing Quick Employer Forms (QEF) - Intuit Accountants Community

0 Cheers
puravidapto
Level 5

Thanks for the info. The my account link in your link results an error:

We're sorry, we can't find the page you requested.
You may have incorrectly typed the address (URL) or clicked on an outdated link.

Is this error for everyone?
--
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It works for me.  But you don't need the link - just log into your Intuit account.

0 Cheers
puravidapto
Level 5

IRonMaN: I was able to sign in using another browser, but on my dashboard I do not have the link for Quick Employer Forms, nor Helpful Resources. That is ok, I do not want to trouble you anymore. I guess I do not have the product, I only have quickbooks and proconnect. It is good to know that when I really need it, I can get it somehow. Thanks!

--
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's an add-on, which means with Intuit you have to pay extra for it.  You would need to call sales to purchase it.

puravidapto
Level 5

It is good know. The Tuition website seems to indicate there is a link to it, maybe you get the link if you paid for it.

--
0 Cheers