Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where To Send Your Clients for BOI Help

BobKamman
Level 15

If you don't want to help them yourself.

KANSAS CITY, Mo., Jan. 16, 2024 – H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) today announced the launch of the Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting service by Block Advisors. This service was created to help the more than 32 million business owners impacted by Beneficial Ownership Information reporting rules recently enacted by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).  

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

“starting at $99”

I wonder what the ending is at.🤔

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Dragnet: Ladies and gentlemen, the story you are about to see is true.  Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent...

Mr. Fix It, LLC

ReallyState, LLC
Owners: Natasha and Elaine

TLC Caregiving Inc.
Owner: Gretchen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

National Federation of Independent Businesses website has some excellent information about the history of CTA/BOI and what is going on. I may have to join that organization. Hopefully enough small businesses, accountants, and others will contact their Federal representatives to get this rescinded.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

On its website, the National Federation of Independent Business states that it is a "nonprofit, nonpartisan organization founded in 1943". In 2010, 25 of its members, all Republican, were elected to the 112th Congress.

Since 1990, it has donated $725,551 to Democratic candidates and party committees versus $11,972,074 to Republican candidates or party committees. It was a key opponent of President Bill Clinton's attempt to reform American health care in 1993.

In 2010, the NFIB became the lead plaintiff opposing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act health care reform legislation. The organization joined 26 states in the lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the act. The case reached the Supreme Court, which issued its ruling on National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius on June 28, 2012, upholding most provisions of the act. Karl Rove's conservative Crossroads GPS PAC gave NFIB $3.7 million to help fund the court fight.

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks for that information Bob. Sounds like a good organization to me. As a side note, as you know Western Pennsylvania was always strong Democrat area. But the overwhelming majority of small business owners (and people) that I know, if not all of them, are conservatives who are either Republican or conservative Democrat, used to be called Blue Dog Democrats or something like that. And that is why 25 members of that organization elected to congress were all Republicans,  I.E. most small business owners are Republicans or conservative.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

If you want to get something like BOI repealed, it's probably best not to work through an organization that claims to be bipartisan but is not.