Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartvault 3x Price increase

h0250722
Level 3

I have just received a call from Smartvault that they increasing the price from 360 to 960 per year (no smaller plan available). I was wondering which sharing system you guys use for your clients as I think an almost 3x price increase within a year is just ridiculous. 

4 Comments 4
Christine Rep
Level 3

I didn't receive a call or the email they said they sent mid- December, just the invoice at the beginning of February, showing $960.  They claim it is $40 per user, per month. I said I am just one user, so I should be charged $480 per year.  Then they said, oh, it's a 2-user minimum.  So outrageous!  I don't even use most of their clunky applications, just their document storage.  I am considering going back to DMS, I had been considering it originally, but was talked into SmartVault instead and was told the price wouldn't change. HA!

0 Cheers
h0250722
Level 3

Yes it's really outrages as it is 300% more! Imagine we would increase our tax prep prices 300%. But hey, they are probaly not loosing 2/3 of their clients over this and therefore still make more money than before ... greedy and disgusting. 

I ended up with drop box business as most of my clients already use a drop box account and it is free up to 2 GB. We will see how it is going next year.

0 Cheers
Christine Rep
Level 3

Had you considered using ProSeries DMS.  I had used it before.  I like the way that both SmartVault and DMS printed so easily to them, with just a box to click in the program.  Does it work that way with dropbox?

0 Cheers
h0250722
Level 3

Thanks! I will look into it an give it a try. Its still less than half the price than SmartVault. 

0 Cheers