Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksheet for 1099-B

simakahali
Level 1

There should be a worksheet link to screen 17, Disposition.

It should have the option to send the item to schedule D and an option for the box to be entered.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simakahali
Level 1

The requested functionality is available in Pro series.

Lacerte -

The Disposition screen gives you three options to send the capital gain/loss to schedule D, however, there are four Boxes in schedule D and none of them is liked to Box B

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TitoBonsai
Level 2

What tax software did you use previously that has this feature that you seemed to dearly miss it?

You can create your own worksheet (in Excel or .csv text files) and import it to Lacerte with its Schedule D Import Wizard. You will have the option to tell Lacerte which row(s) or column(s) in your worksheet to ignore.

0 Cheers
simakahali
Level 1

The requested functionality is available in Pro series.

Lacerte -

The Disposition screen gives you three options to send the capital gain/loss to schedule D, however, there are four Boxes in schedule D and none of them is liked to Box B

0 Cheers
TitoBonsai
Level 2

I am not certain what you referred to by “three options” and “four boxes in Schedule D.”

But to have the amount reported on Schedule D, Part I, line 2: Total for all transactions with Box B checked, in Screen 17 Disposition, I would enter the following:

In the section Disposition (Schedule D, 4797, etc.)
Description of Property:
Date acquired:
Date sold:
Sales price:
Cost or basis:

In the section Schedule D
Report on (the first line in this section: enter 1

0 Cheers