Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do when no "Acknowledgement" comes through? i.e. it's been too long and I think something is 'stuck'.

lam
Level 1
It's just a US 1040 and it's been 4 days that it says "Sent to Lacerte".  Usually the acknowledgements come in an hour or two that IRS has accepted it.  Thoughts?  Thanks!
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

If it is stuck, you could get out and push or you could try giving this a whirl:

To retrieve acknowledgements for select returns:

1. Click on the Clients tab.
  2. Highlight the clients that need updating. Hold down the shift key on your keyboard if you need to select multiple.
  3. Click on the E-file menu at the top of your program.
  4. Select Step 3: e-File Acknowledgement Statuses.
  5. Click on Update Acknowledgement Status for Selected Return(s).

6. Verify that the selected clients are listed in the Update E-file status window.
  7. Click OK to download the acknowledgements.
  8. Any new acknowledgements for the selected clients will be displayed.

Note: Updating the status of selected returns for different modules must be done in each of the affected modules, like Individual and Partnership. The statuses cannot be updated all at once for different modules using this method. If the status has not updated on the return after performing the steps above, you can check the status online. See How to check for delayed e-file acknowledgements for more information.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Log onto "MyAccount" at Intuit.  You may have to switch from the 'new' account set up to the old.  Search for 'efile' & it will bring up a screen to enter info about your specific client (i.e. SSN).  Click on "all" and see if it shows up as accepted.  The first five of the SSN will be redacted, but the last four will show as proof.

P I T A

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"