Be sure to check your e-file acknowledgments frequently to ensure you pull the acknowledgment as soon as it is available.
Before you start:
Returns are not officially delayed until they exceed the maximum processing time as defined by:
- Federal return acknowledgements are usually available within one to three days.
- State return acknowledgements are usually available within two to five business days.
- BSA acknowledgments (for Form 114) are usually available within two to five business days.
- Department of Labor acknowledgements (for Form 5500) are usually available within one business day.
Returns are considered timely filed based on the time they are timestamped during the e-file transmission process, not when they are accepted.
Current delayed acknowledgments
|Agency||Return Type||Start Date||Software||Return Count|
|IA||Fiduciary PTE Return||11/16/2023||Lacerte, ProSeries||Small number of returns|
|IRS||Corporate Returns||11/20/2023||Lacerte||Small number of returns|
|IRS||S Corporate Filing||11/20/2023||ProConnect Tax||Small number of returns|
Follow these steps if you're experiencing a delay not listed above:
- Sign in to My Account.
- Follow the link above, or from your dashboard, go to e-File center ⮕ e-File status.
- Enter the required information:
- The Product you used to e-file the return
- The Status you want to check for (typically All)
- Enter the Tax Year
- Enter the Customer Number
- Your client's tax identifying number in SSN/EIN.
- Click the Submit button to retrieve acknowledgements for your client from the specified date range.
If the status shown on My Account is different then the status in your tax program, you'll need to update the acknowledgement status in your program:
There's no longer a need to submit delayed acknowledgements to the AckTrack system. When returns are outstanding longer than the expected turnaround time we're automatically notified and start working with the agency.