Be sure to check your e-file acknowledgments frequently to ensure you pull the acknowledgment as soon as it is available.
Before you start:
- Federal return acknowledgements are usually available within one to three days.
- State return acknowledgements are usually available within two to five business days.
- BSA acknowledgments (for Form 114) are usually available within two to five business days.
- Department of Labor acknowledgements (for Form 5500) are usually available within one business day.
Current delayed acknowledgments
|Agency||Return Type||Start Date||Software||Return Count||Notes|
|ME||Corporate Return||5/10/22||Lacerte||Small number of returns||We are working with the agency to receive status updates.|
Follow these steps if you're experiencing a delay not listed above:
- Sign in to My Account
- Select Products on the left-side menu, then click e-File Status.
- Enter the required information:
- The Product you used to e-file the return
- The Status you want to check for (typically ALL)
- Enter the date you e-filed the return in Start date
- Enter the End date for your query.
- Your client's tax identifying number in SSN/EIN.
- Click the Submit button to retrieve acknowledgements of your client from the specified date range.
If the status shown on My Account is different then the status in your tax program, you'll need to update the acknowledgement status in your program:
There's no longer a need to submit delayed acknowledgements to the AckTrack system. When returns are outstanding longer than the expected turnaround time we're automatically notified and start working with the agency.