Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates Immediate versus Scheduler

User FIDO 61
Level 8

Either I missed the memo, or I have a misconfiguration on my side. However, what is it that determines which Updates occur immediately upon release from Intuit, and which are retrieved by pre-set Schedule in the Lacerte Update Scheduler? Seems when I futz with Scheduler, I can go for extended periods without notification of Update available - literally turning it off or scheduling it for once a month, etc. But after certain wide notification of specific Updates the next time I access Lacerte - hello time to Update! Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
User FIDO 61
Level 8

@IntuitGabi  are their "tiers" of Updates? 

Some appear to respect authority of Scheduler and others, well to put it nicely -- do whatever they feel like spontaneously upon release from Mothership. 

respectgiphy.gif

User FIDO 61
Level 8

@IntuitBettyJo  @IntuitGabi  

Greetings.

Any of you able to shine any light on the phenomena of spontaneous updating I would greatly appreciate you sharing illumination. Are my Users forcing Updates? I have them restricted by Trustee Rights. Is there some Loophole allowing updates to override Scheduler's schedule?

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

@IntuitCharlene  does this now fall under your jurisdiction? Please see previous posts. Thanks. Also. Might this be a good time to "invent?" a "catch all" @ for getting a response? As people move on, or get annoyed by my pestering. If Almighty Intuit would grace this mere Community with a constant @ to get a Response that might cut down on the noise. Not a specific employee/admin for example @ ADMIN or @ MOD or @ ASSISTANCE or @ QUERY etc. to get on yinz radar. 

IntuitCharlene

@User FIDO 61 Thank you for tagging me in this issue. Let me do some research with the Lacerte team and get back to you on the functionality of the automatic updates. Our knowledgebase article does have some details at the bottom but if that's not the behavior you're seeing it may be something we need to get updated to be clear on. (https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/update-products/schedule-automatic-updates-... is the article for reference). 

I'll also check with our moderation team on your suggestion. We do have a queue system that let's us know when you tag any of our team but it's still pretty new and may still have some kinks to work out. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
IntuitCharlene

I checked with our Lacerte team and got some expanded information. (I'll update the article as well to make sure it's clear). 

The schedule function is to check for any available updates but it won't actually install the update until you open Lacerte the next time and get that Update Available Prompt. That prompt is letting you know it successfully downloaded some updates and want's your Okay to install them. 

It's also best to make sure that the date and time the scheduler is set to run is when your sure the computer is on and connected to the internet. For example, if it's set to run at 4am and you turn your computer off or reboot it at night, it may not have access to the internet to check at that time, which would prevent it from downloading anything. 

There is a log in the scheduler that'll show you if it ran and what the status is. That may help narrow down what's causing any missed updates. Our support team at 1-800-933-9999 can help with that if there are any errors on the log. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"