Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment and 7202

Aaron
Level 3

I found a long thread about this but couldn't find any guidance. Is there any guidance on the interaction of unemployment benefits and Form 7202. Generally no double dipping but everything got so weird with the pandemic.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Form 7202 is for paid sick leave for a self employed person.

If a person received sick pay, they should not have claimed unemployment for that time period because they were being paid.

If they DID claim unemployment for that time period, there is no tax guidance in the matter.  From my perspective, the 7202 is still valid, but the taxpayer might need to correct the unemployment claim with the state.

0 Cheers
Aaron
Level 3

Sorry I should have clarified. I am referring to Schedule C and 1065 active income. So the sick pay credit for the self employed is claimed with the tax return. Are we then asking "Were the days you had COVID or waiting on results while you were on unemployment?". If the answer is yes no credit?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Aaron  wrote:

Sorry I should have clarified. I am referring to Schedule C and 1065 active income. So the sick pay credit for the self employed is claimed with the tax return. Are we then asking "Were the days you had COVID or waiting on results while you were on unemployment?". If the answer is yes no credit?

See my last paragraph in my previous answer.

0 Cheers