Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 with form 8949

jtb
Level 2

I am doing a 1041 with schedule d.  Why will the 8949 not populate?  It says leave blank if basis is reported which it is but nothing shows on the form. If I put a 1 (basis not reported) it populates.  What am I doing wrong/

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jtb
Level 2

Sorry, the form I was referring to was the 8949.  Everything I'm reading says an 8949 must be completed and it flows to the Sch D.  I think I am overthinking this!  I'll take your word that 8949 is not required when I have a 1099B with basis reported to the IRS.

Thank you so much for your help!!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

" It says leave blank if basis is reported which it is but nothing shows on the form"

So the software is following the instructions.

Ex-AllStar
jtb
Level 2

But Part 1 box 1 should be checked as "basis reported" and the stock sales from schedule D should populate.  Nothing at all shows on the form.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I may be confused about what you are saying.

If you have covered transactions and the totals appear on Sch D, you are done. No 8949 needed.

If something else please give details. Specify which form instead of "the form"

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
jtb
Level 2

Sorry, the form I was referring to was the 8949.  Everything I'm reading says an 8949 must be completed and it flows to the Sch D.  I think I am overthinking this!  I'll take your word that 8949 is not required when I have a 1099B with basis reported to the IRS.

Thank you so much for your help!!

0 Cheers