Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSFER FROM ONE TO ANOTHER

CPACIRACTP
Level 1

Have over 100 fixed assets to transfer to another new client, (owned 50/50 each) and need to have the client assets copy over to the other 50/50 client.  any quick ways to do that?  Other than importing all 100 plus assets and detail entry all over again?  Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

You can export then import assets via excel.  Look under tools, I think. Im not at my computer so I cant be more specific.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/exporting-depreciation-data-to-a-file/00/... 

You may want to mark each asset as 50% business use before creating the export. The problem with that is it will not do 50% on prior depreciation. Short answer, there is no really easy direct way to do this. You will need to manipulate data, but it is probably easiest to do it in the 1065, then export. That way you will have one file that can be imported to the two and they will both be the same. 

When in the depreciation screen. Ctrl ⬇️ will move you down to the next entry. Ctrl ⬆️ will move you up. Both put you are the same entry item you left, e.g. prior depreciation, Prior 179, etc. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns