Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state estate tax return

Kathyd
Level 2

Can I use Lacerte to finish state estate tax return if no necessary to file federal estate tax return? I also cann't choose the state like Washington state.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgreen8393
Level 5

I file a lot of State of Washington Estate Tax Returns.  I usually prepare the main part of the return in Lacerte Form 706 software and then attach Schedules A, B, C... etc to the Washington Return (pages 1-3).  I use a Forms software for the Washington portion of the return, however you can probably complete these pages on the State of Washington website.  Since the return must be paper filed, this hasn't been an issue.  In addition, I contacted the State to make sure they had no issue with using the Federal Forms for the Schedules.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does WA state have a state estate tax return?  I know they dont have an individual income tax return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

https://lfs.intuit.com/#/s/WA/T says to be patient. Lacerte is pedaling as fast as they can. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Very few state estate tax returns are offered. Washington is not one of them.I prepare the 706 in Lacerte (most states want a pro forma copy) and then get the state forms from the state website or my forms service (eformrs).

Ex-AllStar
Kathyd
Level 2

Thanks for your answer. It helps a lot.

0 Cheers
Kathyd
Level 2

WA state does have a state fiduciary tax return and threshold is $2.193 million for 2019. 

kgreen8393
Level 5

I file a lot of State of Washington Estate Tax Returns.  I usually prepare the main part of the return in Lacerte Form 706 software and then attach Schedules A, B, C... etc to the Washington Return (pages 1-3).  I use a Forms software for the Washington portion of the return, however you can probably complete these pages on the State of Washington website.  Since the return must be paper filed, this hasn't been an issue.  In addition, I contacted the State to make sure they had no issue with using the Federal Forms for the Schedules.

I hope this helps!