Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO YOU DELETE SCHEDULE 6?

jatcpa1
Level 1
HOW DO YOU DELETE SCHEDULE 6?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Like Kathi said, either remove the third party designee, or change address back to the US of A. 

P.S. I hate questions without answers, comments just leave it unanswered.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
Do you have a Third Party Designee or a Foreign address? Form 1040 instructions, page 106:

Use Schedule 6 if you have a foreign address
or want to allow another person
(other than your paid preparer) to discuss
this return with the IRS.
0 Cheers
taxwoman4u
Level 1
To get rid of Schedule 6 completely,  you must put a "NO" in "allow discussion" in the "Miscellaneous" screen, (3),    If you say "yes" to allow IRS discussion with preparer (which we all do), then it assumes you are also the 3rd party designee and prints schedule 6 - but WITHOUT AN ADDRESS.   I guess that indicates there is NO foreign address to the IRS.   Go figure.  Unless it's some IRS requirement to print Scdl 6 if there's any foreign income or foreign tax credits  ( even though  taxpayer has NO foreign address), Intuit should  fix this.  Unfortunately, I found no other way to get rid of the darn schedule 6.   I think it probably gets triggered by anyone who has foreign income or foreign tax credits from dividends.
Hope that helps, it drove me nuts trying to figure it out.   Shari
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Like Kathi said, either remove the third party designee, or change address back to the US of A. 

P.S. I hate questions without answers, comments just leave it unanswered.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
taxwoman4u
Level 1
To get rid of Schedule 6 completely,  you must put a "NO" in "allow discussion" in the "Miscellaneous" screen, (3),    If you say "yes" to allow IRS discussion with preparer (which we all do), then it assumes you are also the 3rd party designee and prints schedule 6 - but WITHOUT AN ADDRESS.   I guess that indicates there is NO foreign address to the IRS.   Go figure.  Unless it's some IRS requirement to print Scdl 6 if there's any foreign income or foreign tax credits  ( even though  taxpayer has NO foreign address), Intuit should  fix this.  Unfortunately, I found no other way to get rid of the darn schedule 6.   I think it probably gets triggered by anyone who has foreign income or foreign tax credits from dividends.
Hope that helps, it drove me nuts trying to figure it out.   Shari
0 Cheers