Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax return software licensing refund question on timing

cpataxpromesa
Level 1

Hi - weekend question (support is closed).

I created a tax return for a client's dependent and went to go print the forms to review.  I realized upon review that I made an error typing in the SSN (the numbers are repetitive).  I figured out the steps to follow for this issue and created a new return with the new SSN and submitted a refund via the web form.  

Since I found the steps to submit a refund, I figured I would also do the same thing on a different issue.  Back in March, I created all the business returns I needed to extend and then e-filed those extensions.  On the first business I was working on after the extensions were filed, I accidentally created a new return, entered all the data, and then went to go print/review.  I used the one credit that I had remaining in my business return pool of returns that I had prepaid for.  I submitted the issue via the refund web form.

The refund submissions happened last night (friday 3/31/23) for both returns above.  I received an automated email this morning from Intuit saying that my invoice was adjusted ( I guess the invoice where I prepaid for the business returns).  When I went to go look in ProConnect Tax Online, it showed I have one new available tax return credit.  I did NOT get a refund, but rather they added one more business return to my pool.  That is not what I asked for because I do not have any other businesses to file this year.  Does this carry over?

Also, why didn't I receive an email about the individual return refund?  does that go through a different department or something?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
cpataxpromesa
Level 1

update:  I did get a separate email today (sunday, the next day after posting) that shows they are processing a refund for the individual return.

0 Cheers