Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules K-2 and K-3

morris789
Level 1

Why doesn't Lacerte automatically generate Schedules K-2 and K-3 for partnerships and s corps?

8 Comments 8
apc63
Level 2

Add K-2 and K-3 automatic data population

sjrcpa
Level 15

What do you think should auto populate?

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

Good question.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Because Lacerte/Intuit have decided that, despite the price & the continual substantial annual increases, they no longer want to be a premium tax software supplier?

If I have to do required forms by hand,  verify basic math functions, review carefully to make sure my expensive, supposed "Top of the Line" isn't missing a required form (and can't even provide diagnostics pointing it out) - then I'll switch to something a lot less expensive.   Since I'm having to spend extra time on returns, I can use the money I save to hire more employees.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
elizabethcpa
Level 2

I want a button that will fill out K-2 and K-3 correctly if there are no foreign transactions but we still have to file these. 

mizatt
Level 1

I am working on a 1065 with numerous special allocations. The K-3s are populating automatically based on the P&L percentages rather than the resultant special-allocation percentages such that the K-3 does not tie back to the K-1 for any taxpayer with special allocations.  Is this on the roadmap for remediation?  When will this be addressed?  Thank you.

Jewell
Level 1

Does anyone know if you efile a return with K-2 and K-3 completed prior to the IRS computers being ready to process, will the return be processed correctly with those forms?  The latest I have seen is that the IRS will not be ready to process partnerships until 3/20 and S corp's until mid June.  The recommendation is to attach a PDF of those forms, but I efiled a partnership Saturday with K-2 and K-3 and it was accepted today without diagnostics.

0 Cheers
TaxStroyer
Level 1

Have you found a work around?  It's bonkers that lacerte doesn't flow the k-1 to the k-3 based on special allocations automatically.

0 Cheers