Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale of rental property

Highlighted
Level 2

When a rental property is sold, how do you allocate the sales price across multiple depreciable items like renovation improvements and purchase of new appliances? 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

I am gonna break down and offer up a nice fresh fish, but with no pole. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/entering-a-bulk-sale-of-assets-in-lacerte...

I will add one more "trick" If you have a group of assets that all need a sale date e.g. 5/31/2019 use Ctrl C to copy that data > Use Ctrl and the ꜜ (down arrow) to get to that field in the next bit of data > Use Ctrl + V to  paste the date there > Repeat > Rinse. This can be used to tie all those bulk assets together. 

Key is tie them all to one asset that has all the sales information. 

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15

Don't. Use the bulk sale feature.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 2

Don't know how to use the bulk sale feature.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Type "bulk sale" in the Search box & you'll find several articles.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Youre lucky youre using Lacerte...ProSeries doesn't have a Bulk Sale option  😞   We gotta do it manually.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15

I am gonna break down and offer up a nice fresh fish, but with no pole. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/entering-a-bulk-sale-of-assets-in-lacerte...

I will add one more "trick" If you have a group of assets that all need a sale date e.g. 5/31/2019 use Ctrl C to copy that data > Use Ctrl and the ꜜ (down arrow) to get to that field in the next bit of data > Use Ctrl + V to  paste the date there > Repeat > Rinse. This can be used to tie all those bulk assets together. 

Key is tie them all to one asset that has all the sales information. 

ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks to all the replied.  You are extremely helpful and it is much appreciated.

0 Cheers