Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject Error F1040-034-07 Tax Year 2022

Genevia
Level 2

Can not find a resolutions while searching Lacerte.

Have two clients who we received the following reject error code after attempting to eFile their Individual 2022 returns

Looked up on IRS website and it states that the withholding for Federal has to agree to the forms?  This is the case in both situations, no input errors:

Note, The first is a small client with ONLY 1 1099R with with holdings

The other has more complexity-- but ONLY 1 W-2 with with holdings

These two clients are from different States-- so it does not appear to be a State issue..  Have checked everything 

Reject Error F1040-034-07

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

There are three or four active threads on this issue.  Look for 'em.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Here's one long one.  Some folks seem to be reporting the problem has been fixed (there were Lacerte updates Thursday AND yesterday afternoon).  So double check to make sure you have the latest.

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/error-e-filing-prior-y...

( Generic Comment )"
Genevia
Level 2

YES, system is up-to-date with latest Lacerte updates that is why I was so frustrated. 

Tried TWICE before I bothered to send message to the Community..

NOTE, I initially tried to search for this error message prior to sending this query but it did not surface for whatever reason. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Your kindness is appreciated.

Hopefully it will work this time.

abctax55
Level 15

@Genevia 

The search function here is marginal, and YVW.

I have a 2022 amended return that's blowing in the wind too.  IF/WHEN it clears I'll report back.

( Generic Comment )"
Genevia
Level 2

Thanks.

Could not find the comments... guess I was too frustrated.

Have been using Lacerte for over 35 years.... back in the days when Lacerte was using overlays and we, as Staff, were the collators versus our Printers.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

D*mn.... you're the same vintage I am 😉

( Generic Comment )"
Genevia
Level 2

Thanks new Lacerte Community Friends....

FINALLY the US returns were accepted and the various State Returns have been sent and await acceptance.

It was like "MAGIC"....

I send a note to Lacerte Community Friends .... and MAGICALLY the problem gets resolved.

I am sure Lacerte (aka Intuit) had a lot to do with it as well.

Thanks for all involved and for those Tekkie Friends who engineered a resolution.

abctax55
Level 15

Genevia.... you just now learning how powerful "we" (ex-AllStars, 'Champs', Level15 posters really are  <w>

( Generic Comment )"