Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ref #4574

908yuigh
Level 1

Critical diagnostic - Attach statement from foreign agency verifying that self employment income is subject to social security coverage in that country (ref #4574)

When I attach a pdf there is no way to link it to the Sch SE

linking the PDF to Sch C still give the critical diagnostic.

Where is this statement attached?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

If you see this critical diagnostic, you must have already entered 1 on Screen 45.1 for 1=social security coverage in country other than U.S.

You should check that Sch 2, Line 4 also shows "EXEMPT, SEE ATT".

When you attach the Certificate of Coverage from the country in which your client is working, you can't point it to Sch 2 (or Sch SE, which doesn't need to be filed).  Instead, enter the following:

• Description of file: Coverage of Coverage, <Country Name>
  • Link to form (defaults to main form): Select Form 1040 - Other

Click on View PDF to make sure the correct file is attached.

Go back to Diagnostic and ignore the diagnostic for needing to attach the statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
908yuigh
Level 1

Now that the PDF is attached. I am trying to efile the returns. I am getting an error

Spoiler

Exception occurred during EF batching client

Unable to copy database record. DB=DATA5I19, ErrorNo=4

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

This is a mysterious error that a number of folks had brought up in the past but no one seems to have a clear solution.

You may like to reboot Lacerte and retry.  If this doesn't solve the problem, delete the attachment and re-attach.  If this still doesn't work, you will need to contact Support and they may just advise you to paper file the return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers