Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter income for a 1065 K-1 line 11 (other income) code i

rsowens
Level 3

I have a client who's K-1 (1065) has income shown on line 11 with code I (misc income).  The only description is misc income EQT.  Where do I enter that income?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Your client's K-1 is from an investment partnership, and that investment partnership owns units in EQT Midstream Partners LP, a publicly traded partnership / master limited partnership. 

Because it's income, the PTP rules make it easier. I'd just call it an Other Passive item under Separately Stated Income and Deductions. When it's a loss, or a material amount, I set up a separate K-1 for the PTP sub-activity.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

I do not know what EQT would stand for. I would make the entry in the section between entries for 13 and 14 > Separately State Income and Deductions > Select either passive or nonpassive, depending on the type of k-1 and use the Ctrl + E to enter the same phrase and the amount. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Your client's K-1 is from an investment partnership, and that investment partnership owns units in EQT Midstream Partners LP, a publicly traded partnership / master limited partnership. 

Because it's income, the PTP rules make it easier. I'd just call it an Other Passive item under Separately Stated Income and Deductions. When it's a loss, or a material amount, I set up a separate K-1 for the PTP sub-activity.