Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to validate your online credentials

kg7175
Level 2

I am trying to log into the 2021 tax program to transfer a fiscal year estate client into the 2022 tax program. When I try to log into the 2021 tax program, I get a pop-up message that states, "Unable to validate your online credentials". Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
17 Comments 17
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Check this out too:

"Unable to validate online credentials" error when signing into Lacerte (intuit.com)

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I'm not sure if this is the same but after I downloaded the pro series software this year a colleague told me that I had to validate my PTIN that's associated/connected with my EFIN. I went into the EFIN information section and I believe there was a box I had to check to validate this ( I can't remember if I had to type in my PTIN or if it was already there). I also had to validate the PTIN I believe in my PTIN section by also checking a box I believe. Take a look at this and see if it helps you.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you update both years? 

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/system-responses/unable-validate-online-cr...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

That link looks awfully familiar 😀

Slava Ukraini!
Joe6
Level 2

Got this same crap. No doubt its our friends at Intuit "improving" the product. I did get it to open by turning off Wi fi and logging in off line. Turned Wi Fi back on and then did an update. Same crap.

willatbird
Level 5

I had to do a Web Setup to get it to work again, but now I'm back in.

GARY10
Level 1

I am livid with lacerte.   They closed down the efile system to the IRS 5 days early so that they could be off those days.   At the end of the year those days are important.

Now I tried to call support and they are closed.  I also have the same issue with 2021.

0 Cheers
kg7175
Level 2

Yep! That is what I did and got in!

0 Cheers
kg7175
Level 2

I couldn't get in to update, so I had to do the Web Setup to get in. There was someone who posted the link that tells you how to do it.

0 Cheers
J C
Level 1

Please send me the link for doing the web set up.

I am at a loss as to what else I can do.

Thank You,

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

That has an install for all the early years. You should consider the FORCE option. Doing an install does not affect your data, only the program. 

IntuitGabi

Steps on how to Update the program though Lacerte Websetup here: Downloading and installing Lacerte updates

0 Cheers
libdirect
Level 1

I had the same situation this morning. Here is what I did to get it fixed:

1. I searched for my ProSeries 2021, opened the file location, and right-clicked on "Tools-Repair Updates." I ran the program and got back in successfully.

I hope this helps anyone out there!

Dr. Mike 

0 Cheers
Joe6
Level 2

A bit more information please.

I can find the file in file explorer that contains the Pro Series 2022 file folder.

In that file folder are other files.

Which one did you right click on?

0 Cheers

try to reinstall 

0 Cheers
J C
Level 1

We paid Lacerte over $8,000.

Check your records.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@J C None of us here received your money. We are with one exception, NOT employees of Lacerte. None of us handling billing issues. Contact Lacerte Support as shown here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/taxation/contact-lacerte-help/L4c6BR3CZ_US_...

0 Cheers