Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splash Screen-Needs to Change

ALyon
Level 3

Sometimes I feel like somebody's watching me.  The new splash screen is....creepy.Lacerte Screen Shot 2022.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ted-Intl CPA
Level 1

Can we vote on whether to keep or send her packing...soon? My wife already wants to know who she is and whether I am cheating with her!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Don't be so harsh.  That is a picture of poor Penelope.  Penelope has a severe learning disability (as you can plainly see since she is ready to write with her pen, but she only has a table to write on - no paper - poor Penelope).  She is hoping to raise enough money from her photos so that one day she can run for senator in the state of Georgia.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

She epitomizes the phrase, "Operators are standing by." Also, she pretty much blends into the background. Why doesn't Intuit give her some of that swag? At the least, there would be some color and perspective in her office. Poor thing. We could start a gofundme for her office supplies. "Just 10 cents a day would buy Penelope the tools she needs to do your taxes."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Ted-Intl CPA
Level 1

Can we vote on whether to keep or send her packing...soon? My wife already wants to know who she is and whether I am cheating with her!

CMCPA
Level 1

She is so creepy that I have to put a post-it note over her face when I start the program.  It is unsettling having a stranger stare at me.  I think we should all call the support line at 1-800-933-9999 regularly until they do away with it.  I called yesterday!  Will you call today?

qbteachmt
Level 15

This topic has instructions for how to suppress that splash screen:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/remove-photo-of-lady-when-logging-...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
SaraBwell805
Level 1

OMGoodness! I did the same thing. LOL! It felt like she was trying to see into my soul. 😳