Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program freezing in Lacerte Hosted

jerdavcpa
Level 2

This is my first year using Lacerte Hosting. The 2021 software has locked up on me the last two times I used it. Is this typical in the hosted environment and is anyone else having this issue?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

This is not normal.  If it's still happening, check your computer specs to make sure you have the sufficient resources to run everything.  After that, contact support.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
RF
Level 2

Would you be willing to share your experiences regarding the hosting environment.  We are considering it but getting references from current users has been left up to us which feels like a red flag.  Feel free to [email removed, please use the Private message feature in the right hand corner].

For background, we have been Lacerte users for the entirety of our firm's history (22 years) and took over the user account from our predecessor firm that had been users back into the DOS days.  (We are a team of 3 users year round with 5 users during the season and prepare ~ 900 returns annually.)

0 Cheers
trisha0790
Level 2

Hello - I saw  your post and wanted to follow up with you.  I am also considering making the switch to Lacerte hosting and am here today looking for feedback from other firms who made the switch.  Can you please let me know if you decided to go with it and if yes, are you happy with the end product?  You can reply here or reach me at trish  at santa cruz cpa  dot com

Thanks!

0 Cheers

I'm a solo with no employees. I started using it for the 2023 tax season because I was having trouble downloading software updates. Right Networks is now my tech support, which is fine even though I am now dependent on them.  I like the hosted environment.  Also, since it is in the cloud it is portable, which is a minor consideration at the moment since I don't have different offices or work while traveling.

0 Cheers
RF
Level 2

Great info.  Thank you for sharing.  I actually just finalized the onboarding process for our firm today with 2018 - 2022 Lacerte, testing to make sure printing worked and all data matched up, etc.  (I will be working through getting my team members set up on the Right Networks RDP early next week.)  We are committed to fully diving into this platform now to make sure we are in good shape to continue with it before the busy season starts again.