Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparer Review Copy vs Preparer File Copy

mhlester
Level 3

Hi, all,

What is the Preparer Review Copy used for? Is it different than the Preparer File Copy?

Thanks, Michael

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
pamdory
Level 8

I use the Preparer Review Copy for my saved copy of the return as I have it configured to include the most information.  

I use Preparer File Copy for copies for clients to share with lenders, etc.  I've configured it to be a complete copy with the current year depreciation schedules, but without all of the analysis type reports, letters and invoices I keep in my files.  It is just what they need when they need to supply a copy to someone.

You can set the configuration of each of the return copies in Settings>Items To Print and then selecting the copy of the return you want to change. There you can pick what you want to be included in each copy and move forms around.

For example, in my Preparer Review copy that stays with my file, I moved the client invoice to print on top of the first state return because in my files that's where it is while the Client Letter is on top of the federal return.  In my Client Copy the  Invoice is in front of the pack as that is the copy I put in my AR file.  

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
pamdory
Level 8

I use the Preparer Review Copy for my saved copy of the return as I have it configured to include the most information.  

I use Preparer File Copy for copies for clients to share with lenders, etc.  I've configured it to be a complete copy with the current year depreciation schedules, but without all of the analysis type reports, letters and invoices I keep in my files.  It is just what they need when they need to supply a copy to someone.

You can set the configuration of each of the return copies in Settings>Items To Print and then selecting the copy of the return you want to change. There you can pick what you want to be included in each copy and move forms around.

For example, in my Preparer Review copy that stays with my file, I moved the client invoice to print on top of the first state return because in my files that's where it is while the Client Letter is on top of the federal return.  In my Client Copy the  Invoice is in front of the pack as that is the copy I put in my AR file.  

mhlester
Level 3

Hi, Pamdory,

Thank you for that answer. It sounds like they are basically the same but can be configured differently.

Is that right?

pamdory
Level 8

Yes, that's right.