Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Choice 300 plan questions

dd11
Level 3

Switched to choice 300 for 2022 tax year.

Is there a counter that shows REP used and remaining?

I was to told to use all 9's for SSN or EIN to mock up a tax return so it wouldn't count against the 300 REP credit. What's the correct procedure to do this? For example I proformaed a tax return from 2021 to 2022 and was changing numbers around for a projection. Never received a REP notification. Can I change the SSN to all 9's now or is it too late ? If I reproforma the same return to have 2 copies: 1 projection and 1 tax return, will it go against my REP credit?

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

You should talk with sales and see if you can get that credit back. There is no automatic way to make it happen.

YES, use all 9s to get a demo return. If you do a restore from X:Lacerte/yytax/DEMODATA there are several demo returns to work with. Not all of them use all 9's so be sure to change them before sending to REP. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dd11
Level 3

I accidently hit "accept as solution" instead of reply.

So there's no counter or any know way to track my REPS that will go against the 300 return bank?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You should be able to see all the REPs that are charged to your account by logging into https://accounts.intuit.com/signin.html

Capture.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dd11
Level 3

Thanks for that, but I don't see any REP charges for 2022 returns yet. Not sure if it's too early for 2022. I proformaed some clients from 2021 and was able to look at 2022 forms without getting prompted for REP charges. Don't know if it's working correctly.

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I talked to a Lacerte 300 user and this was what I was told.  No idea if this addresses your question.

In the 2021 Lacerte tax program, each time he did a Form for a new client, Lacerte would ask him to confirm (and that one credit would be used up).  It then told him how many credits he had left.  Between that and the list pointed out by George, there would be your tracking, I guess.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
dd11
Level 3

I spoke with Lacerte support today and they told me there's supposed to be a counter in the program on the bottom panel. Supposedly it will show up with a later release. I won't hold my breath, but that's what they told me.