Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get abandoned assets to show up on line 10 of the 4797

willatbird
Level 5

Client abandoned Leasehold Improvements and Equipment. I put in a -1 for Sales Price on the depreciation input, but it's showing up in Part 1 of the 4797. How do I get it to flow to part II instead?

THANK YOU!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgreen8393
Level 5

Select 1=Short Term in the disposition screen and then it should be reported on line 10

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
kgreen8393
Level 5

Select 1=Short Term in the disposition screen and then it should be reported on line 10

willatbird
Level 5

I'm using the depreciation input screen for the disposal. Does this mean I have to move everything over to the Disposition screen? I was trying to avoid that.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Did you enter the sales date (date of abandonment?)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
willatbird
Level 5

Yes. It will show up in Part I of the 4797, but not part II. I've given up on using the Depreciation input for the disposition and entered it all on the Disposition entry screen. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

There's a spot to enter "  -1 " to trigger F 4797

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
willatbird
Level 5

No Problem getting it to Form 4797, just a problem getting it to Part II from the Depreciation input screen.

0 Cheers
Kevin425
Level 2

I just encountered this also. In Depreciation "Additional Disposition Information", entering "1" for short-term puts the asset on line 10 of form 4797.