Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041 for 2019

KatherineZ
Level 2

I'm trying to prepare a 1041 for a short year ending 12/31/19.  The program will not generate a Schedule D or a Form 8949.  "This form is not available for this release"  Huh?  Both forms are available at the IRS website.  And when I generate the complete return, it is marked "DO NOT FILE".    Does anyone know what is going on with this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Thank you for stopping by the community and posting a questions. It sounds like your Lacerte is not up to date. Please see this knowledge base on how to update it:

Downloading and Installing Lacerte Program Updates

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/downloading-and-installing-lacerte-progra...

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Is this a first  year? Maybe began 3/1/19 and electing to file year end 12/31/19. All of that is input in Screen 1. Yes, but I am not sure it is necessary since this is first year

Screen 2 - Short year for depreciation? I don't think this is necessary, since this is the first year

Screen 2 - Tax Year Information? - You already entered that in Screen 1

Screen 2 - Initial return - check that box 

Is this your scenario?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Thank you for stopping by the community and posting a questions. It sounds like your Lacerte is not up to date. Please see this knowledge base on how to update it:

Downloading and Installing Lacerte Program Updates

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/downloading-and-installing-lacerte-progra...

0 Cheers
KatherineZ
Level 2

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  It turned out I needed a software update.  Duh.

KatherineZ
Level 2

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.  It worked.  I thought I was set up for automatic updates 😞 .