Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date on 2020 returns

smartcpa
Level 2

When will Lacerte update the due date printing on the balance due letter for 1040's?  It still says 4/15/2021 - s/b/ 5/17/2021

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

It should be 5/17?  Does anybody else know about this?

Slava Ukraini!
smartcpa
Level 2

Appreciate your sarcasm.  Don't appreciate phone calls from clients because the letter is wrong.

can't override the date either.  so just fix it already.

abctax55
Level 15

so just fix it already

1) WE can't - WE aren't Intuit support.  WE are just fellow software users.

2) The announcement of the extended date was Thursday afternoon; do you not think it's a bit fast to expect to have that "fixed" within 48 hours?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can "override it" by using the Custom Letter. Screen 5.2

Ex-AllStar
smartcpa
Level 2

3/11/2021 - 3/20/2021 is more than 48 hours

other vendors are up to the task.  I wasn't suggesting  you or others on this forum to fix it.

0 Cheers
smartcpa
Level 2

Yes on a client by client basis. doesn't change it for all.

thanks

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

The announcement of the extended due date was made LATE on Wednesday 3.17.21

( Generic Comment )"
pat
Level 5

why all the snark? it really isn't necessary. this community should be more supportive when legitimate questions are asked.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

And asked.  And asked again, and again, and again, and again, and again and again.  Nobody here has anymore information than anyone else here.  So everybody is in the same boat.  Everybody just needs to learn to have a little patience.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

The amount of snarkiness is directly proportionate to the number of times the same question is posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted, and posted...............................................................

Whack a mole has never been my favorite game.  Having to view these questions to see if there's a legitimate need, in order to try to help, takes time.  And I'm short on time just like everyone in this profession is.   

( Generic Comment )"
asitax15
Level 3

And how about the announcement made on FEBRUARY 22, 2021, that residents of Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma actually have until June 15th to file and pay their taxes, due to the winter storms in February.  That's almost a month gone by and yet.... no update by Lacerte. This isn't the SAME QUESTION, so no snarkiness here.... and I don't see where anyone has asked it.  And by the way, this extension also applies to the 1st quarter 2021 estimate payment.  But again, NO UPDATE by Lacerte after almost a month!!!!!  And no, client by client won't work for this either because.... we are in Louisiana and it applies to ALL of our clients.

JudyEA
Level 3

You can not override the date to pay tax electronically to 5/17/21

0 Cheers
Nanakids
Level 1

It should be June 15th for Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.

0 Cheers
Nanakids
Level 1

Kind of time consuming when you have over 1,000 1040 returns to do.

0 Cheers
asitax15
Level 3

I don't think Lacerte is ever going to fix this.  I guess they don't care about Louisiana, Texas and Oklahoma.  We are in Louisiana and I am having to manually go into the Invoice/Letter screen on every client that owes and override the date. VERY frustrating and ridiculous.  We get 5,000 updates a week and Lacerte can't fix this???

0 Cheers