Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Schedule D - Partner Information

yelia
Level 1

critical diagnostic is showing up randomly in the Arizona partnership return module that says that the ownership percentage does not total up to 1.0.  The total in each of the returns does total up to 1.0, but it says it doesn't.  (ref. #58332).  This is not happening on every return. 

if I change the inputs for the partners but have them still add up to 100% then it goes away. If I then change them back to be correct percentages for each partner the diagnostic comes back.  It appears that its something with the roll over amounts that is causing the error and its only the year end amounts that are causing the issue, not the beginning amounts.   

dont know what to do at this point except paper file, but arizona requires e-file.   

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
kgreen8393
Level 5

I am having the same issue.  For Entities that have been around prior to this year, the Federal percentage is out six digits, which is what AZ used to use.  Now AZ uses four digits.  I assumed based upon rounding that was what was causing the diagnostics.  I have a new entity this year and I purposely only used four digits for the Federal percentage so I would not get the AZ diagnostic.  I still have the diagnostic on a new entity where it does total 1.00.

It says it is a critical diagnostic, but doesn't say e-file diagnostic so I'm hoping I can e-file without issue.  Fingers crossed.

Anyone else E-File an AZ partnership return yet?

0 Cheers