Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended Return

SweetLeaf
Level 2

I'm trying to figure out how to amend a Wisconsin tax return and I am confused by Schedule AR.  At the bottom of this form, the instructions are to reference the reported change.  Does that mean that every line that is different on the amended return needs to be referenced?  

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Only the line or schedule that you are amending, and not the totals or tax. Such as schedule WD (capital gains/loss) you reference schedule WD, and line on that form that changes, and why. If that is the only change you do not reference any other lines.

SweetLeaf
Level 2

Thank you for the reply.  I have added the lines that were changed, but Lacerte is not giving me the option to add amounts...

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Sorry, but I use ProSeries, and can't help you with Lacerte. Maybe @George4Tacks will jump in and help out

George4Tacks
Level 15

#1 job to amend is DON'T MESS WITH THE INPUT.  

#2 go to screen 59 and complete everything important. Notice the Amended Return Frequently Asked Questions and click that to get some general instructions. 

At this point the return should look just like the original.

#3 add to or change the original data to what it should be. That will now begin to generate the 1040X and the Schedule AR

Please clarify " I have added the lines that were changed, but Lacerte is not giving me the option to add amounts..."

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
SweetLeaf
Level 2

Sch AR.PNG

0 Cheers
SweetLeaf
Level 2

On Screen 70, it only gives me the option to add a description.  I cannot add the amounts.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@SweetLeaf what type of return are you doing? I was answering for an individual return and your image and screen are not matching up. 

SweetLeaf
Level 2

I'm doing a partnership return.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The screen image you gave is to draw a road map. Here are the lines on this return that are different from the original. The amounts will be on those lines.