Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality-of-Life suggestion: efile critical diagnostics

DatabaseRobert
Level 4

Why is it that the Ctrl+U(batch for Upload) efile validation wizard process is different/generates an entirely different set of Critical Diagnostics, than the annoying efile validation wizard that pops up during Ctrl+P(rint return) which also generates Critical Diagnostics?

Why can we not get ALL of the Critical Diagnostics--absolutely anything that is going to prevent efiling with the client file exactly as it is right this moment--shown to us?

My specific ire is pointed at page13/pensionIRA on a PA return, "make sure the 'EIN verified' box is checked" on one, and "marked as spouse but return is for a single client" (because the client passed away last year, and the pro forma carried all the codes forward as-is).

Yet when I look at our PDF archive of the return as it was going through the process, the ONLY critical that I see is "signature date must be input" (code49 on page4.1).

Show us the diagnostics, already!

Robert Kirk
LTUGtools

2 Comments 2
DatabaseRobert
Level 4

Generally I dislike replying to myself, but "another of the same ilk" is worth it:
  NM return in the IND module rejected (while the rest of my batch was still uploading, it was that bad), because required ID information--DL dates, number, and so on--was not included.

Obviously this is a KNOWN requirement...  why does Lacerte not Diagnose that and say, "HEY, you need some ID information or this state return is going to get rejected!"

Robert

DatabaseRobert
Level 4

Still another instance: I looked at all of the Diagnostics generated by the same data for the original return, and there was nothing about this.

NC direct deposit information spits out a Critical Diagnostic when in the Ctrl+U(batch for Upload) process of the efile wizard, but *NOT* when you Ctrl+P(rint) the return.
 - RTN must be input twice.
 - Account # must be input twice.
 - NC account type must be input twice.

This is a STATE REQUIREMENT, and it is KNOWN BY THE SOFTWARE.

Why does the software NOT BLOODY WELL *TELL* *US* that, "hey, this return will fail!"?!?!?

Robert