Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAlifornia IRA deduction

Ann0729
Level 1

Has anyone had an issue with California 540 disallowing the IRA deduction and removing it 

on Sch.CA.  It is taken on the 1040,  but disallowed on California .   thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
itonewbie
Level 15

Where on Sch CA (540) do you see that adjustment?  Line 19 does not have any entry for column B or C.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Ann0729
Level 1

correct,  but it is putting it on line 22 column B. very strange.  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

What's the dollar amount? Might it be, coincidentally, some other thing that CA does not allow?

A W-2 Box 12 item?

ex-AllStar
Ann0729
Level 1

they are taking $7000 each IRA deduction allowed on federal return.  neither of them are in a retirement plan with their employer.   I looked it up on the FTB site, and this is allowed on CA also.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I can't replicate what you described.  If nothing is reported in column B of Section C other than Line 22, you may like to send the return to Intuit so that they can look into it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Ann0729
Level 1

THank you 

0 Cheers
Tony P
Level 2

Yes, Same issue. I tried to get an explanation from customer service, but took to long to get an answer. So, I will try again in the morning.

0 Cheers