Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection plus - TPP audit assist printing out with every tax return

Baileyco12
Level 2

How do I suppress this from printing? I can't find it anywhere in the options. This isn't going to save me any time if I have to have 300 conversations a year with clients on what this is. 

10 Comments 10

Printing where? On the LC engagement letter?

itonewbie
Level 15

From the FAQ, it looks like this prints automatically with each return... No info about how to turn it off though if you are not offering that to certain clients.

What information do my clients receive about the program?

With the Firm-Level program, the Protection Plus Member Agreement, and a 7216 form disclosure will be printed out with every 1040 return you file. The member agreement should be provided to your clients and you should have the client sign the 7216.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

They have officially reached a new level of annoying.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Honestly, not sure outsourcing communication with tax authorities about returns we prepare to some third party is a good idea at all, especially those that require complex technical analysis.

Many a time, even IRS agents need to escalate to higher level for issues they don't understand, let alone some third party who have no source documents and context.

If this is only for run of the mill returns, it's probably not worth paying for firm-level protection.  But then at close to $50 a piece ad hoc for 1040, I dunno...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Baileyco12 Did you sign up for this program? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Baileyco12
Level 2

Yes I signed up for it. I thought it was only $10 per return. They didn't say anything about the annoying disclosure printing out. I'm about to cancel...

0 Cheers
Baileyco12
Level 2

It print with the pdf of the tax return. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You can always edit those pages out for clients you don't intend to cover.  But your time cost of that will add to the $10 you already paid.

Still an AllStar
Baileyco12
Level 2

Yeah I just don't have time to do pdf edits. How could they possibly not add an option in the print options screen to suppress print. 

Baileyco12
Level 2

yeah you're probably right

0 Cheers