Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Partnership Representative's ID number invalid?

NSSB
Level 1
This is on a return that we have done for years and now as the Partnership Representative has to be identified it is stating that the ID number is invalid in the diagnostic section.  Ref. #51439.  Anyone else have this problem.  I have tried replacing with another member and get the same diagnostic.  I'm sure since it is a critical diagnostic it won't let me electronically file.  Any ideas around it?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Does the representative ID number start with a 9? Did you select it in Screen 1? 

If the rep is NOT an individual your diagnostic can be clicked and it will take you to Screen 3. You should complete screen 3 and delete the entry in Screen 1. 

If you elect out, you do not need a representative (see the top of Screen 3, Designation of ...)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Does the representative ID number start with a 9? Did you select it in Screen 1? 

If the rep is NOT an individual your diagnostic can be clicked and it will take you to Screen 3. You should complete screen 3 and delete the entry in Screen 1. 

If you elect out, you do not need a representative (see the top of Screen 3, Designation of ...)

0 Cheers
NSSB
Level 1
No, it does not start with a 9 and the rep is an individual.  
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Sorry, no more suggestions. Just look very carefully at the input for the selected partner you have selected in screen 1 OR your input for Screen 3. You may have to contact support or use Ctrl + L and send a copy of the return and your problem.
Good Luck.

0 Cheers
Bobby200
Level 3
I have the exact same error.  It is the first partner on Screen 7, and I have 1 on the Client screen for tax matters. Still get the error #51439.  Also, it is not an entity, but rather an individual.  They are not electing out and I have not gone to Screen 71, and should not need screen 3, but the diagnostic jumps to Screen 3.   Strange thing is that if I put Partner 2, the diagnostic goes away-except partner two is not the TMP.  NOTE: my is in Lacerte 2018
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I can not duplicate this. My dummy return has two partners. I can use 1 or 2 and I do not get the error message. Out of curiosity, what what is the first digit of the SSN? Maybe that is a common problem that needs to be reported to Lacerte.  
You might also try deleting the SSN of the Rep Partner. Exit the return. Go back in and enter the SSN again. Sometimes little gremlin ASCII codes sneak in.

0 Cheers
Bobby200
Level 3
Interesting.  My partner's SSN begins with a 2.  I deleted the SSN, left the program, came back in and the diagnostic disappeared.  Entered  the SSN again, and the diagnostic reappears???? Strange.  Looks like a call to the dreaded support.
FYI:  Just did the latest update from Lacerte, and the diagnostic is gone! No phone call needed.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
:smile: Glad to hear!:smile:

0 Cheers
Ftlech
Level 1

Just had the same problems, and of all things, I added the hyphens to the numbers and it worked. 

0 Cheers