Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering K-1 Partnership Information into Individual Modual

Don1981
Level 1

When entering Partnership K-1 into Individual tax return I am not able to put both the Partnership EIN and Partnership Name into Screen 20.  When I enter one the other disappears.  Has anyone found out how to correct this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte uses a recall table. It sounds like that has been a bit messed up. Here are some options:

1. Don't use the table = Settings > Options > Setup > Numerica Detail Input > Smart Input > change to Disabled
  2.  Fix the table = Settings > Table Editor > Partnership Information > Partnership name > Scroll through and delete those with blanks and those that have more than one EIN (you can do this for your whole table). It is generated by bad input by a preparer and this is the only way to fix it. I like the table and I spend some time every few weeks tweeking it.
  3. While in the entry click the down arrow and select Modify - That will get you to step 2, above.

Step 1 will avoid steps 2 and 3, but it will mean you will have to enter all detail for every W-2, 1099, K-1 name, etc from scratch. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Don1981
Level 1

Thanks for the reply, that fixed it. I can see why it is a good idea just to do that periodically to help keep the program cleaner.  Thanks again

0 Cheers