Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizer Previous Year's Client Letter

ginamarie7
Level 3

Can someone tell me where to find the previous year's client tax letter. We add information to it and when I went to the 2021 Organizer to print the client letter it says it can't find the letter. I was just wondering if anyone knows what directory I can find the letter in? Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxMom12
Level 3

Lacerte 2021 asked me if I wanted to import organizer settings from 2020 or if I wanted to use default settings. I chose import 2020 and all of my prior year letter settings etc are there. 

Maybe you need to make a small change to your 2020 letter and then when opening 2021 it will allow you to import prior year. 

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
TaxMom12
Level 3

Lacerte 2021 asked me if I wanted to import organizer settings from 2020 or if I wanted to use default settings. I chose import 2020 and all of my prior year letter settings etc are there. 

Maybe you need to make a small change to your 2020 letter and then when opening 2021 it will allow you to import prior year. 

ginamarie7
Level 3

Thank you I will give that a try and see if it works.

0 Cheers
ginamarie7
Level 3

Thanks that worked.  Have an Awesome Day!

DatabaseRobert
Level 4

And if you missed doing it on the initial entry to the Organizer program, I believe you can go to one of the menu items (or icons, I don't recall), and choose to import the prior year, NOW.  (Or "again", if you did do it then, or since.)

Robert Kirk
Rockville, MD