Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications must be cleared *manually*?!?!?

DatabaseRobert
Level 4

Why exactly did the annoying colored lines of notifications (can be anywhere from one to three [1-3] lines of screen real estate that becomes LESS useful) go from a "briefly visible sidebar window which I can then close and REGAIN those three lines of screen real estate"...

...to instead become what looks like a stand-alone pop-up within which I have to:
 1) click to expose the checkboxes;
 2) checkbox EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN ONE OF THEM, one at a time;
 3) click the "mark as read";
and then finally
 4) close that dialog.

?!?!?!?!?!

At the VERY LEAST, there could be an included "check all?" box at the top?

Robert Kirk
Rockville, MD

10 Comments 10
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

From your lips to the programmers' ears!

I suspect the issue was people closing out the notifications without reading them, then calling support.

76cxi5.jpg

DatabaseRobert
Level 4

I am informed that my ire is mis-placed, because there IS a "clear all" capability.

In which case it is apparently sufficiently camouflaged that it is difficult to locate, even when looking for it.  So my complaint will switch from "bad program design" to "bad screen layout", both hindering effectiveness.

Now I will go look and see where this supposed tool is hiding...

Robert

abctax55
Level 15

You don't have to click on each one. You can click on the Multi-Select (top left of notifications window) then click the three dots on the right and choose select all, then click the mark read mail icon looking button to mark them all as being read.

(plagiarized from a different list-serve - and it does work - STILL extra steps to go thru tho, thus complicating tax season just a wee bit more)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Grandmaster
Level 2

Notifications definitely took a turn for the worse this year (Tax Year 2022). I really hope they can recover from their error and go back to a more useful notifications dialog box. It is very difficult to use at this point and does not show more than 3 past notifications. Therefore I will be avoiding the use of it until it is fixed.

0 Cheers
IntuitLisaI
Level 3

hey @Grandmaster we appreciate you reaching out and giving feedback. Please share your feedback in the  Lacerte Tax Idea Exchange Forum and encourage people to comment and vote! 

0 Cheers
Ward
Level 2

I cannot clear the red and blue notifications.  How do I clear them?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

See my answer from 'months' ago:

You don't have to click on each one. You can click on the Multi-Select (top left of notifications window) then click the three dots on the right and choose select all, then click the mark read mail icon looking button to mark them all as being read.

(plagiarized from a different list-serve - and it does work - STILL extra steps to go thru tho, thus complicating tax season just a wee bit more)

( Generic Comment )"
Ward
Level 2

Thanks, abctax55, but I tried following your directions, and the GD lines won't go away.

I also closed the program and re-opened, but they are still there.

George4Tacks
Level 15

😃 It's as easy as 1 - 2- 3

1 - Mouse over the thingie in the upper left and click to get to 2

1 Hover.png

2 - Hover over the 3 dots in the upper right and click to be able to Select All 

2 Select All.png

3 - Click the ✉️ (not as colorful envelope emoji) to Mark as Read Folder to Archive (Even I got this wrong. I can't even follow my own 1-2-3s ) SORRY don't take the image as being totally correct.

3 Mark as Read.png

SEE? Easy Peasy. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

Maybe @George4Tacks detailed answer will help you as what I suggested does work for me.

Good luck

( Generic Comment )"